Friday, July 6, 2012

Old Fashioned Butter Mints

I love to bake. Cookies, cakes, brownies, whatever. So when I found a recipe for old fashioned butter mints on Pinterest, I knew I had to try it. They came out so well, and the recipe was super easy to follow! You can find it here. Since the recipe is already written out, I figured I'd just show you my pictures. :)

Finished dough
Dough after adding a couple drops of blue food coloring
I mashed the mints with a small fork to add texture


The un-mashed mints.
Finished mints!


One note if you do make them: I used 1/4 teaspoon mint extract instead of 1/2 teaspoon peppermint and it came out just right. I think 1/2 a teaspoon might be way too strong. What is your favorite dessert to make? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using the anyonomous heading, please leave your name! Thanks for coming and reading my blog!